Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology (10th Edition)
The Tenth Edition of Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology is a comprehensive textbook that fulfills the needs of todayâ€™s students while addressing the concerns of their professors. We focused our attention on the question â€œHow can we make this information meaningful, manageable, and comprehensible?â€ During the revision process, we drew upon our content knowledge, research skills, artistic talents, and years of classroom experience to make this edition the best yet. The broad changes to this edition are presented in the New to the Tenth Edition section below, and the specific changes are presented in the Chapter-by-Chapter Changes in the Tenth Edition section that follows.
New to the Tenth Edition
In addition to the many technical changes in this edition, such as updated statistics and anatomy and physiology descriptions, we have made the following key changes:
- NEW 50 Spotlight Figures provide highly visual one- and two-page presentations of tough topics in the book, with a particular focus on physiology. In the Tenth Edition, 18 new Spotlight Figures have been added for a total of 50 across the chapters. There is now at least one Spotlight Figure in every chapter, as well as one Spotlight Figure corresponding to every A&P Flix.
- NEW 29 Clinical Cases get students motivated for their future careers. Each chapter opens with a story-based Clinical Case related to the chapter content and ends with a Clinical Case Wrap-Up that incorporates the deeper content knowledge students will have gained from the chapter.
- NEW The repetition of the chapter-opening Learning Outcomes below the coordinated section headings within the chapters underscores the connection between the HAPS-based Learning Outcomes and the associated teaching points. Author Judi Nath sat on the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) committee that developed the HAPS Learning Outcomes, recommended to A&P instructors, and the Learning Outcomes in this book are based on them. Additionally, the assessments in MasteringA&P are organized by these Learning Outcomes. As in the previous edition, full-sentence section headings, correlated with the Learning Outcomes, state a core fact or concept to help students readily see and learn the chapter content; and Checkpoints, located at the close of each section, ask students to pause and check their understanding of facts and concepts. If students cannot answer these questions within a matter of minutes, then they should reread the section before moving on. The Checkpoints reinforce the Learning Outcomes, resulting in a systematic integration of the Learning Outcomes over the course of the chapter. Answers to the Checkpoints are located in the blue Answers tab at the back of the book.
- Easier narrative uses simpler, shorter, more active sentences and a reading level that makes reading and studying easier for students. Improved text-art integration throughout the illustration program enhances the readability of figures. Several tables have been integrated directly into figures to help students make direct connections between tables and art.
- Eponyms are now included within the narrative, along with the anatomical terms used in Terminologia Anatomica.
- NEW Assignable MasteringA&P activities include the following:
- NEW Spotlight Figure Coaching Activities are highly visual, assignable activities designed to bring interactivity to the Spotlight Figures in the book. Multi-part activities include the ranking and sorting types that ask students to manipulate the visuals.
- NEW Book-specific Clinical Case Activities stem from the story-based Clinical Cases that appear at the beginning and end of each chapter in the book.
- NEW Adaptive Follow-up Assignments allow instructors to easily assign personalized content for each individual student based on strengths and weaknesses identified by his or her performance on MasteringA&P parent assignments.
- NEW Dynamic Study Modules help students acquire, retain, and recall information quickly and efficiently. The modules are available as a self-study tool or can be
assigned by the instructor. They can be easily accessed with smartphones.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|May 30, 2020|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)