Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education
The graduate program in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education at Tufts University grants M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in three areas: Mathematics Education, Science Education, and Engineering Education. The program involves the collaboration of faculty from Tufts University Departments of Education, Child Development, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics and Astronomy, and the Center for Engineering Educational Outreach, and the Center for Science and Mathematics Teaching.
Students in the STEM Education program work closely with our faculty and with faculty from other departments and research centers. We develop research on how students learn in different content areas and on the cultural, historical and philosophical influences on educational thought and practices. Our main goal is to prepare the researchers and professionals who will contribute to improve Pre-K-16 education for all students.
Specific research topics being developed by our faculty include:
On Mathematics Education:
- Algebra in elementary, middle, and high school
- Children’s learning of mathematical representations
- Children’s learning of the written number system
- Everyday mathematics
- Young people’s data visualization competencies
On Science Education:
- Learning and instruction in physics, K-16
- Responsive teaching and responsive curricula
- Students’ conceptual and epistemological resources for learning
- Complex systems perspectives on thinking, learning, and interaction
- Scientific modeling across different representational media
- Scientific and mathematical reasoning with technological toolkits
On Engineering Education:
- Learning and teaching engineering, K-16
- Integrating engineering with literacy, science, and mathematics curriculum
- Assessment of students’ progress as designers and innovators
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|May 30, 2020|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?