Critical Reasoning: A Practical Introduction 3rd Edition
We all engage in the process of reasoning, but we don’t always pay attention to whether we are doing it well. This book offers the opportunity to practise reasoning in a clear-headed and critical way, with the aims of developing an awareness of the importance of reasoning well and of improving the reader’s skill in analysing and evaluating arguments.
In this third edition Anne Thomson has updated and revised the book to include fresh and topical examples, on issues as diverse as speed cameras, organic food, and religious miracles, which will guide students through the processes of critical reasoning in a clear and engaging way. In addition, two new chapters on evaluating the credibility of evidence and constructing reasoning will fully equip students to reason well. By the end of the book students should be able to:
• identify flaws in arguments
• analyse the reasoning in newspaper articles, books and speeches
• assess the credibility of evidence and authorities
• make sound decisions and solve dilemmas
• approach any topic with the ability to reason and think critically.
|December 17, 2017
How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?