Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, 8th Edition
The evolution of technology and knowledge influences the way we teach clinical skills to nursing students and improves the quality of care possible for every patient. However, the foundation for success in performing nursing skills remains a competent, wellinformed nurse who thinks critically and asks the right questions at the right time. That outcome is the driving factor behind this new edition.
In this eighth edition of Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques we have adapted our headings to bring content relevant to the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative to the forefront.
You will now find sections on Evidence-Based Practice, PatientCentered Care, Safety, and Documentation and Collaboration, making the related content even more visible. The opening chapter on
Using Evidence in Nursing Practice prepares the student to understand and use the evidence-based practice information included in every chapter.
New content areas include Communicating with a Cognitively Impaired Patient (Skill 3-5), Adverse Event/Incident Reporting
(Procedural Guideline 4-4), Caring for Patients with MultidrugResistant Organisms (MDRO) and Clostridium difficile (Procedural Guideline 7-1), and Wheelchair Transfer Techniques (Procedural Guideline 9-1). All other topics have been updated to the most recent standards in nursing practice.
Your students will find that Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques provides a comprehensive resource that will serve them well through their nursing training and right into their clinical practice careers.
• Over 200 basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing skills and procedures.
• Five-step nursing process format provides a consistent presentation that helps students apply the process while learning each skill.
• Skills and Procedures list, Objectives, and Key Terms open each chapter.
• Over 1200 full-color photos and drawings help students master the material covered.
• Evidence-Based Practice in each chapter presents students with the newest scientific evidence for the procedures and protocols presented. Recent research findings are discussed, and their implications for patient care are explored.
• Rationales are given for steps within skills so students learn the why as well as the how of each skill. Rationales include citations from the current literature.
• Clinical Decision Points alert students to key steps that affect patient outcomes and help them modify care as needed to meet individual patient needs.
• Recording and Reporting sections follow the evaluation discussion and alert students to what information should be documented in each situation.
• Delegation and Collaboration defines communication within the patient care team and the nurse’s responsibility when delegating to assistive personnel.
• Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions remind students to be alert for potential problems and help them determine appropriate nursing interventions.
• Special Considerations sections include additional considerations when performing the skill for specific populations of patients or in specific settings and may include:
– Teaching Considerations
– Pediatric Considerations
– Geriatric Considerations
– Home Care Considerations
• Glossary defines all key terms.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Quick Response codes (scan with smartphone or tablet with camera to view video clips) on the text pages link video clips to the appropriate skill or procedure, allowing students to view the video immediately after reading the implementation section of the skill.
• NSO icon links text content with the new edition of Nursing Skills Online, which has been simultaneously revised with the textbook to provide completely coordinated information.
• Patient-Centered Care section in each chapter prepares nurses to recognize the importance of having patients partner in performing skills in a compassionate and coordinated way based on respect for patient’s preferences, values, and needs (QSEN core competency).
• Safety Guidelines section in each chapter covers global recommendations on the safe execution of the particular skill set covered (QSEN core competency).
• Expanded and improved end-of-chapter exercises include a case study as well as review questions.
• Additional review questions on Evolve include a brand new set of unique questions for every chapter.
• TEACH for RN instructor manual helps you capitalize on the all new clinical material in the text, new skills video series, and online course. Additional case studies and discussion questions unique to the TEACH manual expand the in-class material available to you.
• For the first time, an Image Collection is available with Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|April 2, 2021|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?