Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians 3rd Edition
Textbooks are, by their nature, works in progress. Each published edition is an updated snapshot of that ongoing process. To make this edition of the book relevant and useful to students and instructors, we had to address some difficult questions such as: what material from the preceding edition should be retained, and what should be left out? What new knowledge and terminology should replace older information? What new features would make the book more useful? How has clinical veterinary technology changed since the last edition?
This third edition continues the logical progression from the first edition to the second edition. Popular features, such as “Test Yourself” boxes, a complete glossary of anatomy and physiology terms, “Clinical Application” boxes, and much of the original content have been retained. The accompanying Laboratory Manual has been revised for this edition and now includes critical thinking activities. The Laboratory Manual is filled with interactive exercises, step-by-step guidelines, and full-color photos and illustrations. It is designed to enhance understanding of A&P in in the clinical setting and allows for the application of knowledge in the laboratory setting.
New features and expanded content in this edition include:
• The sequence of the chapters has been reordered.
• All chapters were revised and updated, and many illustrations were added.
• The Amazing Cell chapter from the second edition has been divided into two separate chapters: Anatomical Structure of the Cell and Physiology of the Cell.
• The Blood, Lymph, and Immunity chapter from the second edition has been divided into two separate chapters: Blood, Lymph, and Lymph Nodes and Immunity and Defense.
• “Vocabulary Fundamentals,” a listing of key terms with phonetic pronunciations, has been added to each chapter. This pronunciation system is an easy-to-learn approach for mastering the sounds of veterinary language. It is not overloaded with linguistic marks and variables. The following rules apply:
1. Hyphens are used to separate syllables.
2. Stressed syllables are noted in bold type, as in class-room.
• Instructor resources include a 1000 question test bank in ExamView format with rationales. Two image collections are included; one with all figures from the textbook and the second with all figures from the Laboratory Manual. A PowerPoint collection is arranged chapter-by-chapter with the textbook. The answers to the Laboratory Manual are available. Instructors also have access to all student resources.
• Student resources include Chapter Summaries, Test Yourself Answers, and Crosswords that correspond to each chapter of the Laboratory Manual. Our goal for this third edition continues what we have undertaken from the start: to provide a practical, interesting, clinically relevant source of veterinary anatomy and physiology information to you, the reader. We hope it will foster an appreciation for the elegant organization, intricate relationships, and functional beauty of the wonderful living machine that is the animal body.
|September 10, 2019
How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?