Ace Microbiology!: The EASY Guide to Ace Microbiology
Microbiology, like any field of science, is continuously changing and new information continues to be discovered. The author and publisher have reviewed all information in this book with resources believed to be reliable and accurate and have made every effort to provide information that is up to date and correct at the time of publication. Despite our best efforts we cannot guarantee that the information contained herein is complete or fully accurate due to the possibility of the discovery of contradictory information in the future and any human error on part of the author, publisher, and any other party involved in the production of this work. The author, publisher, and all other parties involved in this work disclaim all responsibility from any errors contained within this work and from any results that arise from the use of this information. Readers are encouraged to check all information in this book with institutional guidelines, other sources, and up to date information.
The information contained in this book is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. The author or publisher of this book does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained within this book or on any associated websites or blogs.
The system of naming organisms was established in 1735 by Carolus Linnaeus.
- Scientific names are Latinized
- Each organism has a genus name and specific epithet (species name)
- Both the genus and species names are either underlined or italicized
- The first letter of the genus name is always capitalized
- The species name is entirely lowercase
- After being first used in its entirety, the name can be abbreviated in the text that follows by using an initial of the genus followed by the full species name
Example: Escherichia coli or Escherichia coli
- Genus Name: Escherichia
- Species Name: coli
- Abbreviation: E. coli
|August 24, 2022
How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?